Monday November 9, 2015 will be JCA’s 3rd annual all school retreat and service day. The freshmen will be in sessions organized by the counseling department focused on study skills and success in high school. The sophomores and juniors will be having their days of recollection organized by Campus Ministry. Seniors will be involved in community service projects that day in our community. Our seniors will be working at Hands of Hope Ministries, St. Vincent De Paul Society, Morningstar Mission, Senior Star Nursing Home, Our Lady of the Angels Nursing Home, Feed My Starving Children, Joliet Animal Control, Hopeful Tails Shelter, Wags 2 Wishes Shelter, Ready Set Ride Stables, and New Life for Old Bags. This is a regular school days. All students will report to their homeroom at the start of school. All activities will be finished by 2:40 pm for dismissal at the regular time. All students can be in spirit wear dress code for the day. Seniors working off campus must bring their own lunch. All underclass students and the few seniors who will be on campus will have lunch provided. Any questions please contact campus ministry.
Retreat/Service Day Schedule and Expectations
7:50 a.m. –
Everyone reports to homeroom where attendance is taken, pledge will be recited and any announcements made. Students
will be dismissed to various locations over the PA.
- Seniors going out to serve in community will be sent to the cafeteria
- Juniors will be dismissed to the small gym
- Sophomores will be dismissed to the large gym
- Freshmen should be accompanied to the large chapel after attendance is taken and announcements are made.
- Teachers, please do not leave your homeroom until students have been dismissed and then report to your assignment.
- Attendance will be picked up by staff members
8:00 a.m. –
- All seniors will be dismissed to the cafeteria if working outside the building; to the large chapel if helping with the freshmen study skills day. Seniors serving outside the building will have a prayer service and a short presentation about the importance of service.
- All freshmen will be dismissed to the large chapel
8:15 a.m. –
- All juniors will be dismissed to the small gym
- All sophomores will be dismissed to the large gym
Expectations of teachers/supervisors at outside service sites
- Report to cafeteria with seniors
- Ride to your service site with students
- Bring your own bag lunch
- Work alongside and supervise the students at the site
- DO NOT LEAVE YOUR WORK SITE FOR ANY REASON DURING THE DAY
- Return with your group to JCA
Expectations of teachers/supervisors working retreats
- Those working sophomore and junior retreats—-have students take seats in the bleachers and sit among them for supervision, supervise bathroom breaks, accompany them to the cafeteria for lunch, address any behavior issues, general supervision, accompany students to large gym for mass at 1:30 and sit with them.
- Freshmen will eat at 10:30, sophomores at 11:00 & Juniors at 11:30
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR SUPERVISION AREA