JCA is currently looking to fill a full-time janitorial position. Interested individuals should send a resume to Vice Principal, Bill Pender, at email@example.com, drop off a resume at the school, or fill out an application in the school’s Main Office.
The Main Office is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
For more information or questions, please contact Bill Pender at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815.741.0500, ext. 216.
Employees in this job perform a variety of janitorial, custodial, and/or security tasks to maintain clean a clean and safe building and grounds..
- Clean classrooms, building floors and stairways by mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Clean building by emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Dusts such items as blinds, furniture, file cabinets, and windowsills using treated dust mittens, cloths, or hand-cleaning items.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets
- Scrubs, strips, sanitizes, waxes, and buffs floors using powered machines equipped with rotating brushes.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Clean windows, mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Maintains an inventory of cleaning and toiletry supplies
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules and regulations.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Performs related work as assigned.